TRAPPED!

A really difficult mystery has landed on our desk from a reader who puzzles about something she saw....

"Hi folks at the Express, I live in Tofino and I saw something one night recently I don't understand and maybe you could help me? I saw a big boat with the words Van ouver  quarium on the side dragging a large mammal-like fish up onto the beach but I don't know why or who they were. Can you figure it out? Melanie. (oh and I have some verrrry interesting pictures)"

Well Melanie, we've put our entire newsroom staff to work to crack this 'Van ouver quarium' and we cannot for the life of us figure out who that could be and why they would be seen doing this in the middle of the night. It appears to be a big mystery to us....

In completely other news, we just want to say how incredibly miraculously wonderful it is that a False Killer Whale baby just happened to wash up on a beach at just the right time to pull the Vancouver Aquariums butt out of the fire and allow them to apparently demonstrate how important they are (which is, of course, a crock). What a truly amazingly lucky break this was for them. Gosh golly if we were them we'd go out and buy a lottery ticket. They're bound to win! (provided they know the numbers ahead of time somehow)